uKhahlamba Drakensberg Hiking and Sightseeing Tour – Two Day
Hiking and Sightseeing Tour
Price on Request
Africa’s highest mountain range south of Kilimanjaro, and the largest and most concentrated series of rock art paintings in Africa – making it a World Heritage site of both natural and cultural significance Both the Zulu name uKhahlamba (barrier of spears) and the Afrikaans name Drakensberg (dragon mountain) fit the formidable horizon created by the range situated just outside Durban, KwaZulu-Natal. A massive basaltic cap set on a broad base of sedimentary rocks belonging to the Stormberg series of 150 million years ago, the mountains are South Africa’s main watershed.
For more than 4000 years they were home to the indigenous San/Bushmen people, who created a vast body of rock art – the largest collection in Africa. “The site’s diversity of habitats protects a high level of endemic and globally threatened species, especially birds and plants.”
- Group Rates are available on request.
- Accommodation – Chalet with En-Suite
- Dinners and Breakfast
- Entrance Fees
- Listed Activities
- Transport – Pick-up and Drop-off
- Bottled Water (We only supply a limited number of bottles per day, should you require additional, this will be for your own account)
- Items of Personal Nature
- Lunch (Restaurant Available)
- Beverages: Beer; Wine; Cold Drinks
- Any other items not listed in the Inclusion
Please note that all group activities are not private and you will be expected to share this experience with other paying guests not touring with Tim Brown Tours.